an old piece of poetry, written quite some time back. goes perfectly with the way i feel right now.
Where each day was filled with sunshine
And not a cloud hung low,
Where the season of love reigned supreme
And I was raring to go.
I wish I could go back to then
Where I had no worry, no cry
And each day, each feeling,
I didn’t have to demystify.
Where it didn’t really matter
What others felt or said
Where unadulterated love
Was what I would get.
Where image didn’t matter
And mistakes didn’t count,
Where no equal debits and credits
Were needed to balance life’s account.
Where guilt had no meaning
Neither did jealousy or hate
Where no dy by dx
Made me shiver and shake!
Where it was okay to go wrong
Once, twice and again;
And it was okay not to know
That 6 plus 4 gives ten!
Where cold shoulders and exclusion
Made absolutely no sense
Where innocence, awe and wonder
Filled every moment spent.
Where I was not afraid
To voice every thought;
Where everybody loved me…
No matter what.
Where I wasn’t expected to know
When World War II was fought
Where I lost myself in the world of
Cinderella and Goldilocks!
Where I was a source of happiness
And not a cause for worry
Where every day that came
Was a total fun jamboree.
Where the give and take of life
Didn’t need equating and balancing,
Where I was free to fantasize,
To ramble, to dance and to sing!
Where H2SO4 and NO3
Was truly Latin and Greek
Where life seemed like a fairy tale
Week after week!
Where Einstein looked like
A guy who’d had an electric shock
Where I didn’t know
There was something called a dock!
Where theories of population
Didn’t make dimaag ka dahi
And I didn’t know that
Japanese cuisine was called sushi!
Where there was no question of mistrust
And no element of doubt
Where it was okay to be weird
And okay to scream and shout.
Where I did make a difference
Where I made someone smile…
Where I never stopped to think
If living was worthwhile.
Where it always felt like
I had the world at my feet
Where I was always on a high
Always felt I could fly!
Where I felt wanted…
Loved and cared for…
Not on days or at times
But always…evermore.
Now, I’m out of my lil’ cocoon
Getting ready to face the world
Learning from the times gone by
With ups and downs, twists and turns.
Just like the flowing river,
Those times are gone never to return
And it’s up to me to make the most of now
To live and to learn!!!

Awesome poetry! Wish i could turn the feelings into words as you do. PURE MAGIC!.As Paulo says its contradictions of human life that:
ReplyDeletewhen child we are in hurry to grow up, later long for the lost childhood;
in middle ages degrade our health to earn money, later spend that hard earned money to restore health;
we live as if we are never gonna die and die as we never existed(lived).
Nice poem :)
ReplyDeleteI miss being 5. I feel like I haven't clung on to enough memories and feelings from back then. Time keeps the best of everything for itself.
Yes,I agree with you.
Deleteomg that's lovely! Beautiful! :)
ReplyDelete